Want to get fit and help a great cause and be part of an exciting new event taking place in Wigan this Autumn?
The first ever Wigan 10k takes place on Sunday, September 8 and we’re aiming to enlist the help of 100 Latics fans to run the course raising £100 each towards Joseph’s Goal.
Or even more if you can!
The race has been organised to support Joining Jack, but runners can raise funds for any charity they like – showing football and rugby fans can work together to do amazing things.
There are no boundaries here except to say that we have been here before with the Emma Hoolin Appeal and the Anthony Ramsdale Appeal, and now two more little boys from Wigan are in desperate need of fundraising.
The race is just three months away and already over half of the 2,000 places have been filled so, if you were thinking of entering and not yet decided, why not join Team Joseph – and give yourself a fitness goal and become part of that amazing Wigan Athletic family once more.
First things first, we know many of you have already registered so if you have – let us know.
If you’ve not yet registered and are thinking about it, then get cracking!
There are around 950 places left but they are filling up fast.
Need some help in getting started?
Here is a step by step guide to get yourself literally up and running:
1. Go to the Wigan 10k website http://www.wigan10k.co.uk/ and register to enter, giving your details, chosen charity (‘Joseph’s Goal’) and paying the entry fee
2. Go to Just Giving and set up your sponsorship account here http://www.justgiving.com/
3. Link your page to Joseph’s Goal by selecting them as your chosen charity (Charity Registration No. 1151548)
4. This will link you in to the Joseph’s Goal master donation page where you can keep track of everyone’s donations as well as your own http://www.justgiving.com/josephsgoal
5. Let us know by tweeting Joseph’s Goal
That’s it – you’d best get training then!!
We’ll post updates every week via the Wigan Athletic web community and the local press as the event draws near. And finally…good luck!!
Joseph Michael Kendrick is four years old and has Non-Ketotic Hyperglycinemia, a rare genetic disorder that affects one in 60,000 new-borns.
The condition is so serious that less than 500 people in the world are currently living with it, and sadly it is incurable.
Joseph’s Goal has been set up to raise funds and awareness into NKH, to one day find a cure.
The charity JoiningJack has the ultimate aim of finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
If a cure can be found or treatment discovered to increase life expectancy, it will not only help Jack, but boys throughout the world suffering from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.