Date: 23rd May 2006 at 1:35pm
Written by:

We asked you what we should do about Pascal Chimbonda after he put in a transfer request. Here are the results?.

71% said that we should accept the current offer from Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol, while 18% said that we should wait until after the World Cup in case his valuation goes up.

Only 4% favoured making him see out his contract by playing him in the reserves as was suggested by Dave Whelan.

3% wanted to hang on until we got the £6 million price tag put on him by Paul Jewell, while 2% wanted to hold out for an £8 million fee and 2% wanted to take the highest offer made.

The results may be surprising to many Latics fans. It should be noted however that, according to our sophisticated Vital Football click sensors, many of the votes cast for accepting the Spurs offer were made by people wearing clothes covered in pearl buttons, speaking in a peculiar accent and munching a jellied eel, so maybe there was an ulterior motive in their votes.

Thank you for all your votes, even the ones by Spurs fans. Look out for the new poll starting soon. If you would like to suggest a poll then go to the ?HAVE YOUR SAY? panel on the right-hand side of the page.