Date: 24th February 2009 at 9:04pm
Written by:


Wigan Athletic boss Steve Bruce says that imminent new signing South Korea international Cho Won-hee will go straight into the first team squad once the formalities are sorted regarding his work permit.

Cho had his medical on Monday but has had to travel back home to South Korea to sign some official documentation to enable his permit to be sanctioned by the UK government.

The current deal only runs until the end of this season but Bruce revealed today that there is a two year contract ready to be signed at the end of the season, Bruce told reporters:

‘He’s had his medical and it looks as though his work permit will be granted’

‘He trained again today (Tuesday) but has to go back home now to complete the paperwork.


‘We hope he’ll be able to come straight in to the squad, and he will be a good addition for us. He’s a utility player, but I feel his best position will be in midfield.


‘We have a deal in place that lasts until the end of the season, and then a two-year contract ready at the back end of that.’


Cho had been on trial with Monaco before he came to the Latics, oddly enough so did Wilson Palacios, coincidence? Bruce continued:

‘His contract finished about a month ago, and he has followed the same sort of route as Wilson Palacios, who also went to Monaco on trial’

‘They are restricted over there because they can only have a certain number of foreigners so they couldn’t take another one.’


Vital Latics – Bringing you the news


Just a quick note to let you know Vital Wigan have been nominated for two FFC Award`s, Best Editor 2009 and Best Writer 2009, if you would like to vote please do so by clicking the banner below and then clicking on the options Best Editor, then Best Writer, thank you for the nomination and thanks for the vote.

Football Pools Banner



It’s easy to join us at Vital Latics to register , simply click the link and enjoy getting involved